Our Yugoslavia Staunton originates from the chess set designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik,Yugoslavia. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. You'll love playing with this chess set whether it's a casual game at home or a tournament match.
As you can see from the photo, the golden rosewood chess pieces match beautifully with the walnut and maple of the chess board. As with most of our chess sets, 2 extra queens are included. The chess case is made from solid walnut and other wood veneers and has two large drawers, one on each players side. The drawers will hold chess sets with a king base up to 1 5/8" diameter. An unbeatable value at this price!
- Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.8 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes 2 spare queens for pawn promotion.
- Solid Walnut & Wood Veneers
- Elegant inlay border around squares to accentuate playing area.
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Overall Dimensions: 16.5" x 16.5" x 3"
- Square Size: 1.625"
- Inside Drawer Dimensions: 8.5" x 6.5" x 1.875"
- Drawers lined with a soft velour material
|Linda Gillis of Bridgewater MA
|I bought this set for my husband and it is GORGEOUS!! I love the contrasting detail on the pieces. Definitely worth the price. It arrived on time in about a week after ordering it. This chess set has become a focal point in our living room- like a fine piece of furniture!. The inlay patterns are stunningly detailed. Chess sets like this are very hard to find! The set was well packed and arrived without damage too! Nice big board surface to play on. Would be great to talk to a live person when...