This elegant chess set package includes our Yugoslavia Staunton Chess Set in ebony and boxwood matched with a beautiful Macassar Chess Case. Our Yugoslavia Staunton originates from the chess set designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik,Yugoslavia. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design.
The chess case has macassar ebony and bird's-eye maple squares tha are accentuated by a narrow checkered border and bird's-eye maple frame. The sides are covered in a beautiful burgundy color burl wood. The entire case has a high gloss polyurethane finish that gives it a glass-like look. There are two drawers, one on each side, with individual cloth-lined compartments for storing chess pieces. The polished ebony and boxwood pieces sitting atop this case with its rich colors look spectacular!
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 4 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 64 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Macassar & Maple Veneers & Other Wood Materials
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Overall Case Dimensions: 20" x 20" x 3.875"
- 2 Drawers with 16 individual compartments per drawer
- Drawers lined with a soft velour material
Our Price: $330.90
Retail Price: $459.90
You Save $129.00
Sale Price $79.95
add to cart
Sale Price $199.00
Sale Price $189.00