Our Yugoslavia Staunton originates from the chess set designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik,Yugoslavia. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. You'll love playing with this chess set whether it's a casual game at home or a tournament match.
As you can see from the photo, the black ebonized chess pieces contrast beautifully against the walnut and maple of the chess board. As with most of our chess sets, 2 extra queens are included. The chess case is made from solid walnut and other wood veneers and has two large drawers, one on each players side. The drawers will hold chess sets with a king base up to 1 5/8" diameter. An unbeatable value at this price!
- Premium Quality Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.87"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 54 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Solid Walnut, Walnut & Maple Veneers
- Elegant inlay border around perimeter of case
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Case Dimensions: 20.5" x 20.5" x 3.625"
- 2 Drawers (1 on each players side)
- Inside Drawer Dimensions: 11" x 8" x 1.875"
- Drawers lined with a soft velour material
|Patrick of Latrobe PA
|I received this chess set as a gift for my birthday. The craftsmanship is amazing. The pieces are nice and heavy but not ridiculous. I have played on a little glass board for years and I always disliked it. The wood is so warm and soft. For only $220 this board is a steal. I strongly recommend it!
Our Price: $219.00
Sale Price $79.95
add to cart
Sale Price $239.00
Sale Price $239.00