French Lardy Staunton Chess Set in Ebonized Boxwood with Walnut Folding Chess Case - 3.25" King
Item #: FSB325VF
Manufacturer: The Chess Store
Mfg ID: FSB325VF
This chess set package includes our French Lardy Staunton Chess Set in ebonized boxwood and boxwood matched with a beautiful walnut folding chess case. As you can see from our photo, the black and boxwood chess pieces creates a beautiful contrast against the walnut and maple colors of the chess case. Our French Lardy Staunton is a close replica of one of the chess sets once made by the Lardy Chess Company in France. Truly a classic and continues to be extremely popular with chess players. As with most of our chess sets, 2 extra queens are included. The chess case is made from solid walnut, walnut and maple veneers. It opens up to a large 17.5" chess board with 1.875" squares. The perimeter of the board has a raised frame and an attractive inlay border surrounds the outside of the case. The inside is lined with a soft gold velour material. Strong magnets keep the case closed. An unbeatable value at this price!
Folding Chess Case
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 2 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 32 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Solid Walnut, Walnut & Maple Veneers
- Elegant inlay border around perimeter of case.
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 1.875"
- Closed Dimensions:17.5" x 8.75" x 3"
- Open Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x 1.5"
- Interior is lined with a gold color velvet material
|BRIAN of MONTANA
French Lardy Staunton Folding kit
|I looked at many competitors products, eventually chose the French Lardy Folding set from The Chess Store. The pieces are amazing, very solid, weighted, well finished, no flaws or problems whatosever. They were as good or better than whats shown in the picture. (10/10) The Chess Store rates 10/10 for having a very user-friendly webpage, great packaging, and immediate shipment. (10/10)